FATE: FULLY AUTOMATIC TARGET ENGAGEMENT
TRIGGERPOINT TECHNOLOGY INC’s FATE
There is nothing to remember and nothing to do first. Simply defend yourself and allow the laser to show you where the bullet will impact.
However, if you manually activate the laser using the button on the side of the laser, it generates a continuous solid green laser beam. When you touch the trigger safety, the solid beam transforms into a flashing beam. Flashing mode means, “my finger is on the trigger."
This is the world's most sophisticated laser. It at will operate normally at Zero degrees Fahrenheit and has a continuous ON burn time of 4 hours and a flashing burn time of 8 hours.
Military Use: Continuation of Force
Trigger Safety Activation Features
- The trigger safety is always "hot" and cannot be disabled unless the laser is removed from the handgun.
- Three gold pins at the back of the laser and three gold contact points at the front of the trigger guard link the laser and the frame. The laser powers the sensor placed in the frame, which sends a signal to the laser when the trigger safety is moved.
- The laser will power the sensor for one year. After one year the laser's batteries have been about 75% depleted and should be changed.
- When the choice is taken to fire the weapon, the finger moves to the trigger. The trigger safety begins to retract when the trigger finger touches the trigger safety. With only one ounce of finger pressure, about enough feel the safety, the trigger safety spur begins to retract. With one millimeter of trigger safety motion, the frame mounted sensor detects the motion and initiates the flashing laser mode, causing the laser to flash about eight times per second.
- This flashing mode will continue as long as the trigger safety is depressed. The laser deativates when the finger is removed from the trigger safety.
- Turning on the laser with the primary switch located on the side of the laser activates a continuous laser beam. After turning on the laser, if the trigger finger then moves to the trigger, any pressure on the trigger safety will cause the laser to override the solid beam with a flashing beam, showing “finger on trigger.”
- Discharging the weapon requires increasing the pressure on the trigger to about 80 ounces (5 lbs).
The laser costs $350, and the sensor installation costs $150. Production is underway and the laser is currently in stock. The FATE laser with sensor implantation is ITAR exempt.